Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012...ai yi yi

Do you people realize that 1990 was 22 years ago??? I bet high school kids now don't even know who Topanga Lawrence is. I imagine that if the LFO song "Summer Girls" was on the radio at a high school, those poor students would be lost. "Michael J. Fox was Alex P. Keaton..."

My brain is somewhat fried after being back at work after an 10 day vacation. Don't worry, I am breaking up my work with frequent breaks that involve Pinterest and Solitaire. Much to my surprise, being home that long made me miss Oklahoma. Yes, I just said that. The past year has changed me a lot, and I have grown to love errr, like my life here in Owasso, OK (even though I have yet to find Garth Brooks or Hanson).

Anyway...it's not hard to believe another year has flown by! I spent an entire year away from my friends and family and managed to survive. I must admit, I am not sad to see 2011 go. It was by far one of the hardest years of my life. We lost the rock to our family, my Grandpa Ernie. But, I am optimistic about the future because I know that 2012 has such incredible things in store for myself, my friends, and my family.....but you all will have to wait and find out what those things are!

Favorite memories of 2011-
In January I went to Chicago to visit Dana. Wow, that seems like FOREVER ago. I vowed to myself to never return there in the winter.

In March Jordan and I road tripped to Orlando for a family vacation with the Browns. 44 hours in a car together and I didn't push him out. Must be love.

In July we celebrated our 1 year anniversary, that wasn't too shabby.

As for 2012, I have learned to not set insane expectations for myself. My go to resolution the past 3 years has been to eat lettuce, no joke. Guess what, I have yet to eat lettuce without wanting to gag. Therefore, my goal for this year is to keep a positive attitude and continue being the person I am, because I'm pretty happy with who I'm turning out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment